Saturday, November 6, 2010

Another Win For Bucky Badger!

If you are a follower of this blog you know that I am a big time Badger.  That is my Alma mater, and I grew up listening on radio to some of the greats of the past like Rufus "The Roadrunner" Ferguson, Billy Marek and, and, and...oh well...that is all that I can think of because Wisconsin generally stunk back then.  Anyway, they don't stink now.  8 and 1 baby! with another win today, this time on the road against Purdue (or is that Pur-don't) 34-13.  Things didn't look good early, but Bucky Badger got it all rolling on both sides of the ball, offense and defense, in the second half to win fairly comfortably.  Next week we get that perennial powerhouse Indiana at home, and then it is off to Michigan ("The Cesspool Across the Lake") the following Saturday.  Michigan can score a lot of points, but also gives up more per game than their basketball team.

Speaking of basketball...I was out on the basketball court again this afternoon, this time helping to train some of the new guys.  You talk about "the blind leading the blind!"  Sheesh!  But it went pretty well.  I know look forward to going home to actually watch a little football this evening, and then gearing up for Sunday morning here at church, an hour later than most other weekends.  I am headed back out to the court again tomorrow afternoon for my third and final installment of running with the kids tomorrow afternoon.  Should be a fun thing to do on a rainy afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment