Monday, April 11, 2011

The Rains Have Come

Just about the time I stepped into the hot tub last evening to relieve my aching left knee (that's a whole different story) the pitter patter, or rather splot splot, of raindrops began.  Overnight it has been rather wet with a slow but steady rain, good news for my yard.  We have picked up an official 7 hundredths of an inch, and a few showers will be in the area over the next few hours to perhaps add a hundredth or two more.  During the week the weather will remain quite cool, highs near 50 degrees all week, give or take a degree or two.  Today will be cloudy and windy, tomorrow dry with a little bit of sun, and then back to the showers on Wednesday and Thursday.  Friday may again be dry, but at this point there are no guarantees on that.

This morning I have to play a doubleheader.  I'll hit the tennis court (indoors) at 9:30 with the posse minus 1.  John is out with a little toe issue...actually it's the big toe but its a little issue...He has developed gangrene after a little minor surgery and may be facing amputation up to the neck.  That might be a little overstated, as I think he might return to the group on Wednesday.  Immediately following my regular Monday morning romp I will be filling a vacancy in an 11 o'clock group.  This group usually plays at 9:30, but couldn't get a court at that time, so one of the ladies can't make it.  Did I say ladies?  YES!  I'll be playing with the ladies, including my wife.  I hope they can handle my overhand smashes and 110 mph serve.

Following tennis I will limp off to the church to face this week's mountain of work.  Preschool is back in session so quite a few hours will no doubt be sucked up trying to keep the staff from killing each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment