Sunday, March 6, 2011

Weekend Update

I know, it's hard to believe that I am back again to let you know what has been going on since yesterday!  I am happy to report that the wedding of Chris and Amanda was absolutely wonderful.  Everything went according to the plan, and I even had several folks tell me that they thought that the wedding sermon was very touching.  Since Chris has aspired to be a farmer since he was a wee little lad I focused on the farming aspect, and since the room (about a hundred fifty people) was about half full of farmers things went over quite well.  After the ceremony we headed to the reception, of course, and in order to be fed we had to endure a trivia contest involving the bride and groom.  Since our table was completely composed of church folk we figured that we were doomed, and would be the last ones to eat.  That wasn't to be the case as one of the questions asked was "what shoes was Amanda (the bride) wearing during the ceremony.  Both Kay and I were given the privilege of seeing her zebra striped black and white shoes, and that along with my very quick reflexes of getting my hand in the air guaranteed a rather prompt feeding.  All in all we had a wonderful time and I am certain that this wedding will "take" and the bride and groom will have 5, 6 or maybe even 7 decades to cement their relationship!

As for today, it was another day of work.  The alarm never had the opportunity to go off this morning as both Kay and I were up before 7:30am.  The worship service went pretty well, although it was a little long.  Us Lutherans get a little anxious when the service isn't over in an hour or less, and today we missed the mark by a good ten minutes or more.  Not to worry though...nobody left...because that would mean that they would miss out on the post-service feeding.  In the past few months we have heard from more than a couple of folks that this is the "eatenest church" that they have ever seen!

After all of the goings-on of the morning, and all of the meetings that followed we got out of there about 1:00pm, headed for Walgreen's to pick up some pictures (church related stuff, of course) and then went to lunch.  I had my heart set on a burger and fries and that is exactly what was served.  If you want to know more about it check out "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives on the Food Channel in a little over a week; March 14th and look for Waddell's Pub.  This evening we once again got in the car to head for the neighbor's house...or at least the former neighbors...to catch up on how my little buddy Brady is doing.  He is rapidly approaching 5 years old, and I swear that he is also rapidly approaching 6 feet tall!  We had a great time reading stories and talking about airplanes and spaceships!

Tomorrow morning will dawn all too early, and the day will be starting off with my regular meeting with the tennis posse.  I would ask that anyone who takes the time to read all of this drivel please pray for my friend Tuck.  He is having some difficulties with his strength and stamina, and hasn't been able to play with us in the past week and a half.  My prayer is that he would be given the energy to enjoy all of the things that make life joyful!

More to come soon...

2 comments:

  1. Let me see,, close to 300 post in both 2009 and 2010 and 19 so far in two months in 2011, you better get back on that horse and "write"..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think his horse has a broken leg and he had to shoot it. Since Brady left there is not much to write about except old guys playing tennis.

    ReplyDelete